Hi stampers, today the design team are going to share a variety of fabulous ideas for using Washi Tape. You are going to love what the team have come up with this month so sit back, relax and enjoy hopping around the world.
I must admit I was excited to get in my craft room and design a project using Washi Tape, I LOVE the stuff lol. There are so many different ways that you can use Washi Tape but for today’s share, I decided it would be fun to use it on the background die.
I have used 2 different sets of dies to create this project but you could easily get away with just using the Butterflies Thinlits dies by tracing around the outside and hand cutting the solid butterfly image.
The Playful Palette Designer Washi Tape is one of my favourites, I love the colour combination and variety of different patterns.
Measurements for card
Thick White Card
– 14cm x 21cm – card base (scored and folded in half at 10.5cm)
– 13cm x 9.5cm – card front
– 9.5cm x 7cm scrap for die cutting solid butterfly
Basic Instructions when making this card
– Stamp saying on card front using Black Archival Ink
– Die cut butterfly out of card front making sure to keep the outline image
– Cover 9.5cm x 7cm piece of scrap card using washi tape (as below)
– Die cut solid butterfly image from Washi Taped piece of card and adhere to card front (as above). You can also hand cut out the solid butterfly image by tracing the outline image butterfly on the back of the card, you must turn the butterfly over (upside down) before tracing so that it will fit correctly in the butterfly hole on the front of the card otherwise it will not be the correct shape (I hope that makes sense).
– Paint the butterfly outline image using clear wink of stella, when dry adhere the body of the butterfly to the front of the card using glue dots, this will allow the wings to pop up. Finish by adding a few of the rhinestones on the body for extra sparkle.
For some more inspiration make sure you pop on over and visit the rest of the design team and check out their fabulous card ideas, you can do this by clicking on the next button below. Let’s start by looking at the gorgeous card Leonie Schroder has come up with this month.
Just in case you get lost along the way here is a list of all the ladies taking part with this Month’s Techniques 101 Blog Hop.
1. France Poitras Martin – USA
2. Sandi MacIver – Canada
3. Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand (you are here)
4. Leonie Schroder – Australia
5. Carmen Sahadat-Morris – Netherlands
6. Michelle Last – UK
Washi Tape Card was created using the following Stampin’ Up! products
If you live in New Zealand and would like to order any of the Stampin’Up! products I have used on this card or have any questions, please contact Patrice. You can also place an order online or find out more about the product by clicking on the image that interests you below.