Hi everyone, this month’s technique is focused on using ribbon which is a great way to add a pop of colour to your project.
When making a single layer card I always put the adhesive directly onto the card and then stick the ribbon on top of the adhesive. I have found that putting the double sided tape directly onto the ribbon can make the ribbon go wonky (just going from my past experiences lol).
Today’s share is using the Watercolor Words stamp set, it has some fantastic outline images and sayings making it is a pretty versatile set. I coloured the flowers by picking up the ink from the lid of an ink pad using a blender pen.
I kept the inside nice and simple by just stamping and colouring some flowers and leaves.
Measurements for card
– Whisper White Thick card 14.8cm x 21cm (scored in half at 10.5cm)
– White Thick Bakers Twine 45cm
Basic Instruction when making this card
1. Put the adhesive directly onto the card and then stick the ribbon on top of the adhesive.
2. Stamp flowers and leaves on the front and inside of the card.
3. Colour flower and leaves by picking up ink from the lid of the ink pad using a blender pen. To transfer ink onto the lid you need to squeeze the top centre portion of the closed lid of a Stampin’ Up! ink pad (as below).
4. Stamp the saying onto the front of the card making sure to use a darker coloured ink so that it stands out.
5. Add some sparkle by adhering some rhinestones to the centre of the flowers.
6. Wrap white thick bakers twine around the card and tie a double knot at the front.
For some more inspiration make sure you pop on over and visit the rest of the design team and check out their fabulous card ideas, you can do this by clicking on the next button below. Let’s start by looking at the gorgeous card Leonie Schroder has come up with this month
Just in case you get lost along the way here is a list of all the ladies taking part with this Months Techniques 101 Blog Hop.
1. France Poitras Martin – USA
2. Sandi MacIver – Canada
3. Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand (your are here)
4. Leonie Schroder – Australia
5. Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
6. Heike Vass – Germany
7. Michelle Last – UK
8. Sonia Benedetti – France
Using Ribbon Techniques Card was created using the following Stampin’ Up! products
If you would like to order any of the Stampin” Up! products I have used on this card or have any questions, please contact Patrice. You can also place an order online or find out more about the product by clicking on the image that interests you below.
Please note that you will need to have clear blocks to attach stamp too if you purchase either the photopolymer or clear stamp set.