What an honor to be asked to participate on a Global Design Team that focuses on different techniques the first Wednesday (my Thursday) of each month. This means that you can be inspired by taking a look at all the great examples using the same technique that have been created by the fellow design team members. All you need to do is click on the “Go To Next Blog” button towards the bottom of this post and that will take you to the next blog, enjoy the hop.
OK let me tell you a little more about our first Techniques 101 Blog Hop, one of the exciting things about this blog hop is that these cards are ideal if you are just starting out on your creative journey, but also perfect if you want to make an effective card in a hurry. Every month we will be focusing on a different technique and this month it is all about Punches.
To give the card a little dimension I stamped the lion on scrap card and cut out the head, popped the head up on a dimensional and added a little sparkle using the clear Wink of Stella Brush.
Rather than throwing away the punched circle (from the front of the card) I stamped the lion towards the top left corner, adhered it to the inside bottom corner of the card and cut the excess edges off.
Whisper White Thick Card measurements
– Base 21cm x 11cm (scored in half at 10.5cm)
– Mat 10cm x 9.5cm
Quick Tips / Recipe when making card
1. Punch 1-3/4″ circle from mat card (10cm x 9.5cm) making sure it is centered (as below)
2. Position mat (do not adhere) on top of base card and stamp lion image inside punched circle shape (as above).
3. Stamp lion image on punched circle and scrap card (stamp images as below).
4. Stamp saying on mat card and cut lion head out from scrap piece of card (as above).
5. Put dimensionals behind mat card and lions head (as below) and adhere to front of base card.
6. Stamp saying inside of card and adhere stamped circle on bottom right corner (as above) and then cut excess edges off.
7. Add a little sparkle to lion mane using a Clear Wink of Stella Brush (as below).
For some more inspiration make sure you pop on over and visit the rest of the design team and check out their fabulous card ideas, you can do this by clicking on the next button below. Let’s start by looking at the gorgeous card Leonie Schroder has come up with this month.
Just in case you get lost along the way here is a list of all the ladies taking part with this Months Techniques 101 Blog Hop.
1. France Poitras Martin – USA
2. Sandi MacIver – Canada
3. Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand (your are here)
4. Leonie Schroder – Australia
5. Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
6. Heike Vass – Germany
7. Michelle Last – UK
All about Punches Techniques Card was created using the following Stampin’ Up! products
I have only listed the clear blocks that I have used to make this card, you will require larger blocks to use the other stamps.