We are a team of International Stampin’ Up! demonstrators, who have come together to showcase a different theme each month. The theme today is all about small gifts, so grab a coffee and enjoy hoping around the world to get some fabulous ideas.
One of the things I love about Christmas is making my own gifts. My hubby and I love to give our daughters teacher (or teachers) something special every year, it is just our way of saying thanks for everything they have done through’ out the year. Don’t worry Anita will not see it, she is far to busy teaching our daughter lol 😉
Have you ever wondered how to put a stamped image on a candle, well if you don’t know I am going to share with you just how quick and easy it is to do!
The biggest tip is to make sure you stamp on the shiny side of the tissue paper, this will prevent the ink from bleeding.
1. Sponge the background using Sahara Sand, Pool Party and Marina Mist inks (this step is optional)
2. Using the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp set, stamp the speckles on the sponged sand using Sahara Sand ink.
3. Cut tissue using the Layering Circles Framelits.
4. Stamp the saying and starfish using Basic Black Archival ink (allow ink to dry).
5. Colour the starfish using a Sahara Sand Maker.
6. Position tissue on the candle and then wrap a long piece of waxed paper over the top so that it holds the tissue in the correct position (make sure the wax paper is sitting nice and flat). You want to cut the wax paper so that is wide enough to cover the tissue and long enough that it wraps around the candle with extra to hang on to (you will be holding on to the excess wax paper not the candle).
7. Use a heat tool on the lowest setting and heat the tissue/candle. You will see the tissue melting into the candle, this does not take long at all (do not to overheat candle otherwise it will melt and could form ridges).
8. Remove the wax paper and you will have your own personalised candle.
And here is the matching card 🙂
I stamped the starfish on a separate scrap card, coloured, cut out and adhered to the card front. I love my cards to sparkle so I painted the starfish using clear wink of stella and added a few random rhinestones.
For some more inspiration make sure you pop on over and visit the rest of the design team and check out their fabulous card ideas, you can do this by clicking on the next or previous button below. Let’s start by looking at the gorgeous card Tracy May has come up with this month.
List of ladies taking part in this Month’s Dream Theme Blog Hop.
1. Teneale Williams (Australia)
2. Patrice Halliday-Larsen (New Zealand) you are here
3. Tracy May (UK)
4. Delphine Lorelli (France)
5. Amy Koenders (USA)
6. Renate Ecklmayr (Austria)
7. Sabrina Radeck (Canada)
8. Jennifer Pauli (Germany)
Small Gifts and matching card was created using the following Stampin’ Up! products
If you live in New Zealand and would like to order any of the Stampin’ Up! products I have used on this card or have any questions, please contact Patrice. You can also place an order online or find out more about the product by clicking on the image that interests you below.