Hi everyone, this month’s technique is focused on Simple Aqua Painting, another fun and easy way to add a pop of colour to your project.
One of my favourite techniques is water colouring, it makes me feel like an artist lol. The great thing about this technique is that anyone can do it. It is not uncommon for someone to say “I can’t believe how easy it is to do”.
Gosh, can you believe it is September already. Time is just flying by. I guess the good old saying “time flys when you are having fun” is true, because that is exactly what I have been doing in my craft room today. I know some of you love to start getting ready for Christmas early, instead of having the last minute rush so today’s share is a Christmas card.
Measurements for card
– Shimmery White card 10.5cm x 21cm (scored in half at 10.5cm)
Basic Instructions when making this card
1. Stamp snowman image on card front using black StazOn ink (this ink will not run when watercolouring).
2. I coloured the snowman by picking up the ink (Sahara Sand) from the lid of an ink pad using an Aquapainter. I then used the same colour ink to paint the
ground snow under the snowman. To transfer ink onto the lid you need to squeeze the top centre portion of the closed lid of a Stampin’ Up! ink pad
3. Clean the Aquapainter by wiping it off on scrap paper or on a handy towel between each colour.
4. Now pick up the next colour ink and start colouring again.
5. I let the card dry and then finished it off by adding some clear Wink of Stella.
For some more inspiration make sure you pop on over and visit the rest of the design team and check out their fabulous card ideas, you can do this by clicking on the next button below. Let’s start by looking at the gorgeous card Leonie Schroder has come up with this month.
Just in case you get lost along the way here is a list of all the ladies taking part with this Month’s Techniques 101 Blog Hop.
1. France Poitras Martin – USA
2. Sandi MacIver – Canada
3. Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand (you are here)
4. Leonie Schroder – Australia
5. Heike Vass – Germany
6. Michelle Last – UK
7. Sonia Benedetti – France
Simple Aqua Painting Techniques Card was created using the following Stampin’ Up! products
If you would like to order any of the Stampin” Up! products I have used on this card or have any questions, please contact Patrice. You can also place an order online or find out more about the product by clicking on the image that interests you below.
Please note that you will need to have clear blocks to attach stamp too if you purchase the clear stamp set.