Firstly I want to say sorry that I have not been blogging lately but health has not been on my side. Anyway, I am back and excited to say it’s time for another Fancy Folds Blog Hop. This month we are focusing on the Secret Message Card and believe me when I say this is a very fun fold.
I don’t know about you but I reckon this year is just flying by, it will be Christmas before we know it. So I guess you know what I am going to say next lol, that’s right today’s share is a Christmas card.
There are so many cute images and dies in the Hang Your Stocking Bundle, I don’t think I will ever be able to part with this set lol. I could not resist using the Brick Embossing folder on the background behind the little stocking, it reminds me of the brickwork around a fireplace. I added the colour to the embossed image using the Sponge Brayer and a Dauber. I adhered the top of the stocking with tape and the bottom portion with a dimensional.
Now let’s take a look at the inside of the card.
The inside has been cut and then the white card has been threaded thru to create a weaved effect (make sure you do not adhere the white card). I cut out the little trees, coloured the trunk in using a chocolate chip marker and adhered with a glue dot. Here is a top view of this card.
Now the fun part of this fold, when the centre if folded (as above) you can separate/open to reveal another inside portion (and message) to this card. Here is a photo showing you how to separate it.
and here is the exciting part, the 2nd inside hidden message.
Crumb Cake Card (base)
– 11″ x 4″ (scored at 5-1/2″ and 2-3/4″ in from each end) now fold in half and cut 3 horizontal slits from folded edge to score line at 1″ then 2″ then 3″
Thick White Card
– 2-3/4″ x 3-1/2 (front)
– 4″ x 2-5/8″ (x2) – (inside panels)
Basic Black Card
– 3″ x 3-3/4″ (mat for front)
Warmth & Cheer Designer Series Paper Stack
– 2-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ (x2) – (front panals)
Tips when creating this card
1. Stamp images on both insides portions of the card after you have weaved the white card thru. This will ensure the images have been stamped in the correct place.
2. Make sure you colour the die cut tree trunk before adhering to the inside of the card.
3. Adhere top of stockings with tape and bottom portion using a dimensional.
3. Lastly, adhere left side of card front using dimensionals.
For some more inspiration make sure you pop on over and visit the rest of the design team and check out their fabulous card ideas, you can do this by clicking on the next button below. Let’s start by looking at the gorgeous card Martha Inchley has come up with this month.
List of ladies taking part with this Months Fancy Folds Blog Hop
1. Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand – You are here
2. Martha Inchley – Canada
3. Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
4. Anne Granger – Canada
5. France Poitras Martin – USA
Secret Message Card was created using the following Stampin’ Up! products
If you would like to order any of the Stampin’Up! products I have used on this card or have any questions, please contact Patrice. You can also place an order online or find out more about the product by clicking on the image that interests you below.