It’s time for another Global Totally Techniques Blog Hop, and this month we are showcasing the Masking Technique. Grab a coffee, sit down and relax while you check out what the rest of the design team have come up this month.
The masking technique is when you cover a stamped image using a mask (post it note) so that other images can be stamped over the top.
Shimmery White Card measurements
– Base 21cm x 14.8cm (scored in half at 10.5cm)
– Card front 13.8cm x 9.5cm
Quick tips on how to do the masking technique.
1. I started by stamping and cutting the flower out on the sticky end of a post it note. I then stamped the center flower on the card front (as below). As you can see this set is one of my favourites, it is pretty stained and has been very well loved lol.
2. I then placed the post it note flower on top of the stamped image (as a mask) and stamped a couple more flower images, one on each side (as above).
3. One of the things I love about this stamp set is it has a solid flower image which allows you to add colour, make sure you stamp this before taking the mask off (as below).
4. I finished by removing the mask from the center flower and stamped the solid flower image in a different colour (as above).
For some more inspiration make sure you pop on over and visit the rest of the design team and check out their fabulous card ideas, you can do this by clicking on the next button below. Let’s start by looking at the gorgeous card Amy Koenders has come up with this month.
Here is a list of all the ladies taking part with this Months Totally Techniques Blog Hop
1 – Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand – You are here
2 – Amy Koenders – USA
3 – Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
4 – Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
5 – Heather Wright-Porto – USA
6 – Shannean Moncrieff
7 – Alison Solven – Canada
Masking Technique Card was created using the following Stampin’ Up! products
If you would like to order any of the Stampin” Up! products I have used on this card or have any questions, please contact Patrice. You can also place an order online or find out more about the product by clicking on the image that interests you below.