Welcome to our third Totally Techniques Blog Hop where a few of my lovely friends from around the world and I share projects we have all made using the same technique.
This Months Technique is Faux Silk
The countdown to Christmas is definitely happening around our house, how can it not when you have an excited 11 year old running around lol. I don’t know about you, but money can get a bit tight this time of the year, there are so many extra added expenses. I always look at it that it gives me a great excuse to get in there and make some of my own gifts, and they are made with a whole lot of love. For today’s Faux Silk Technique share I have decorated up the top of a gift box using the World of Dreams stamp set.
Couple of tips when doing the Faux Silk Technique
– Stamp on the smooth side of the tissue, otherwise the image can bleed.
– Allow image to dry on tissue before screwing up into a ball, this will stop the ink from transferring onto other areas of the tissue.
– Take your time when unscrewing tissue, it can tear easily.
– Don’t flatten tissue out to much, you want to create a crinkled effect.
– I aways stamp saying after I have adhered to card.
and here is the little wine glass charm drink markers that I have made and put inside.
I can see a problem, there is no wine in the glasses lol, will have to fix that.
Sorry, but I did not get a chance to make a video this time around but check back as I will definitely be adding one as soon as possible. I have a couple of other tips I will share with you.
Now it’s time to pop on over and see what the rest of the design team have come up with, let’s start by looking at the gorgeous card Amy Koenders has come up with this month.
Here is a list of all the ladies taking part with this Months Totally Techniques Blog Hop
1. Sandi MacIver – Canada
2. Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand – You are here
3. Amy Koenders – USA
4. Lee Conrey – USA
5. Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
6. Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
7. Heather Wright-Porto – USA
Faux Silk Technique Gift Box was created using the following Stampin’ Up! products