Welcome back, this month the design team are going to share a variety of fabulous ideas for making a Faux Frame Technique card. Enjoy being inspired while you blog hop around the world.
The card I am sharing with you today is a nice, quick and easy card using the High Tide stamp set from the latest Occasions Catalogue.
I added some Clear Wink of Stella to the light, sand and water to add a little sparkle.
I also kept the inside nice and simple.
Measurements for card
Whisper White – 11.5cm x 9cm (x2) card front and inside piece
Basic Black – 12cm x 9.5cm (x2) matting
Sahara Sand – 21cm x 12.8cm – scored and folded in half – base card
Scrap Piece for creating frame – 10cm x 7.5cm
Basic Instructions when making this card
The High Tide set is a two-step stamping set, which means you use 2 or more co-ordinating stamps to create a complete image, we are going to be doing exactly that when creating the lighthouse.
– Start by inking the base of the lighthouse (solid image), stamp inked image off onto scrap paper and then stamp onto the card as below (stamping off creates a lighter shade).
– Now ink up the second image using the same colour ink and stamp lining image on top of already stamped image (you do not stamp off first) as above.
– Ink the sand and light images and stamp as below.
– Lay a post-it-note over the images, trace the sand and lighthouse lines and cut out and place on top of stamped images as below.
– Now we are going to use the post-it-note as a mask and stamp the ocean as below. Masking makes it look as though one image is behind another, creating the illusion of depth. The image you stamp first is the one that will appear in front. The second image will look as though it’s partially behind the first.
– Now we are going to do the Faux Frames Technique. To create the frame on card front you need to cut a piece of card smaller than the card front, place on top and draw a line around the edge avoiding any stamped areas.
For some more inspiration make sure you pop on over and visit the rest of the design team and check out their fabulous card ideas, you can do this by clicking on the next button below. Let’s start by looking at the gorgeous card Leonie Schroder has come up with this month.
Just in case you get lost along the way here is a list of all the ladies taking part with this Month’s Techniques 101 Blog Hop.
1. France Poitras Martin – USA
2. Sandi MacIver – Canada
3. Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand (you are here)
4. Leonie Schroder – Australia
5. Carmen Sahadat-Morris – Netherlands
6. Heike Vass – Germany
7. Michelle Last – UK
8. Marine Wiplier – France
Faux Frames Techniques Card was created using the following Stampin’ Up! products
If you would like to order any of the Stampin” Up! products I have used on this card or have any questions, please contact Patrice. You can also place an order online or find out more about the product by clicking on the image that interests you below.
Do you live in New Zealand??
Every $110 you spend up until the end of March will allow you to choose one FREE item from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue. Have fun choosing your free item. All current catalogues are available to view here.
How would you like to be able to purchase Stampin’ Up! products at a discounted price or even better still make some extra money while doing something you love. There is no better time to join than now!!
You get to choose an additional 2 stamp sets for Free which means you could receive up to $500 worth of fabulous Stampin’ Up! products for the low cost of $189.
Are you interested but just want a little more information, well here are some options for you.
– Contact Patrice for a free no obligation information pack or a chat
– A little more information about becoming a hobby or business Demonstrator
– Join Online now
Please feel free to me if you have any questions, I would love to hear from you.